Thread: Rant
View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Sep-12-04, 17:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/264/130 Female 5 ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 14%

I'm not against men at the grocery store for the most part, but I'm another who finds people who bring 2,3,4,5 screaming children with them really annoying. I know for some folks, it can't be helped, the shopping has to be done and there's no one to babysit the kids, but please, leave them at home if you can! They're standing in the aisles, transfixed by some sugary treat, completely oblivious that people need to get their carts past them. Or screaming or crying because they've just been denied something they saw, or they're tired, or bored. Or they're chasing each other through the aisles as though the store is their playground.

It's not really the children that are the problem, but the parents who can't seem to keep them under control or well-behaved. Having grown up as a military brat, I am constantly amazed at some of the antics the little ones get away with that my siblings and I would have never even considered doing!

Okay, rant over. I really do like children, (honest!), but the way some behave or are allowed to behave, particularly at grocery stores and restaurants, drive me completely over the edge!