View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Sep-11-04, 14:25

Plan: modified LC carb cycling
Stats: 182/148/125 Female 5"6
BF:
Progress: 60%

Here's my Fri/Sat gym log update.

I forgot my log when I went to the gym so had to guess what I could lift.

Doing BFL so started out with chest, and man I am so weak in that area.

Did shoulders, dumbell shoulder press 12X10; 10X12; 8X15, and tried 20lbs for my 6 but no way.

Back workout, seated rows, 12X45; 10X 50; 8X 60, 6X 70, couldn't finish last set. Finished up w/lat pulldowns at 60X 12.

Triceps pushdowns, 12X25; 10X 30; 8X35; 6X 40. No set of 12 since my triceps are super develped from skiing.

1/2 hr on stationary bike, 1/2 hr PM walk.

Today, Saturday, I woke up after tossing and turning all night, I was STARVING. Took my AM temp and it was down to 97.3. This is what I was afraid of, I don't know what to do now.

Yesterday I had a sprouted grain wrap after my workout, a sprouted grain piece of toast in AM, and soup for dinner that had some pasta spirals and beans in it, for a total carb count of about 80 gms. Protein about 130gms, lots of fat. I can't believe I have to eat more carbs than that.

Did my 20 min HITT at 8:00 this morning, can't say I had a lot of energy. Did 1/2 hr of yoga after.

Still fiddling with my carbs and need to find a balance. Do not like being so hungry at night that I can't sleep, and finding my AM temp so low means my metobolism is dropping like a rock and I'm not converting my thyroid hormones.

My calories have been consistently around 1800/day. Last night I had a whey shake with cranberries and flax seed, but still didn't keep me from starving all night.

Ketone stik this morning showed small ketosis, all that starving for nothing.

This carb/calorie thing is frustrating and confusing but I guess we all have to find our own level. Last week my AM temps were all about 98, ketone stiks were pink in the morning.

Tomorrow is my 'free day' and I intend to load up on the carbs, about 150gms, then go to 40 on Monday.

Maggie