Thread: normal tsh?
View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Sep-09-04, 09:58

Plan: ONE DAY AT A TIME:)!
Stats: 142.5/138.6/120.0 Female 5 feet and 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 17%

The first doctor to check my thyroid was my ob/gyn. My results came back normal at least by there standards. Then I went to my regular doctor to see if maybe he would put me on Armour because my Free T4 test was borderline low. Well, he basically said no and that I could try an anti-depressant. Maybe that was why I was tired all the time. I left from there very angry. So, I changed doctors, I had told her what was going on and said the test showed that I was borderline hypo and asked if she would put me on a trial of Armour to see if that helped. And she did, I was totally shocked but definitely happy. Later I had got a referral to an endo. because my hormones were also messed up and she was going to put me on estrogen and I was breastfeeding my baby at this time. And the pharmacist said absolutely not that I should not be taking it. So, that is why I see the endo. now and she is great. I asked her about adding the T4 and she did.
Go into the doctor's office prepared. Tell him, you would like to try the Armour and see if it helps. It doesn't hurt to try. On a trial basis like I asked my doctor.
I know used to when I went to doctor's I would never ask questions or make suggestions to the doctor but after going and the doctor wanting to put me on anti-depressants because he didn't bother to listen to me about the Armour. I just lay it out now. It's like this is what's going on and this is what I want to try. The last visit with the endo., I had all my lab works from 6 months, showing her the difference in the #s.
Sorry this is so long.