View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-09-04, 09:22
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 310/265/160 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 30%

i think it depends on ur level of insulin impairment. if u r one of the lucky people without insulin resistance or hyperinsulinimia, a bg monitor might show very little in my opinion. it is when ur body and or pancreas starts to fail that you see inappropriate bg responses. for me being hyper insulinimic, my body produces as much as 10x the insulin a normal person does in order to get my muscle and fat cells to recognize the insulin and be able to control my bg responses to food. so even tho my bgs are only borderline high right now...if i don't control them with low carb eating, they will soon turn high. i am at the point where i do see responses to food items. when i'm testing an item i do hourly tests to 4 hours. if it makes me spike more than 10pts, i cut it out. dr bernstein (metabollic doctor) talks about keeping post prandial spikes to under 20-25pts. he wants an ideal pp reading to be as close to "zero" as possible. but i don't know that most people without insulin impairment issues would see this kind of spike. i could be completely wrong tho. would be an interesting test for certain!
Sponsored Links