View Single Post
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Sep-08-04, 08:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 159/141.7/130 Female 5'7"
BF: LOTS!
Progress: 60%

I just bought some CLA (from www.iherb.com) -- the brand is NOW and the info says:

CLA ( Conjugated Linoleic Acid ), Now Foods, 750 mg, 180 Softgels
• From 1000 mg of Safflower Oil
• A Dietary Supplement

with the following note:

Note: This product is not the "Tonalin" Brand of CLA. Since they don't pay for the trademark, it is less expensive. The same softgels are sold by few other companies at up to twice the price! It has also passed the test by consumerlab.com

I paid $20 for 180 softgels, each containing 750 mg CLA (so 3 g will be 4 softgels, this is a 40-day supply).

The next-best price (for Tonalin CLA) was $24.04 for a 30-day (same dosage) supply.

I ordered before I read this thread, sure hope that what I ordered is just as good, the price difference is nice but not worth it if the stuff isn't "good"....

I read somewhere (?) that 3 - 3.4 g CLA was necessary for results to be seen -- any comments on this? I plan to start with 3 g, then bounce up if indicated -- but slow-acting supplements are really hard to judge effectiveness of! I've started noticing some muscle-definition in my belly region (I exercise!) -- but the belly fat is still there and I'm hoping CLA will help...