View Single Post
  #170   ^
Old Wed, Sep-08-04, 05:09
Thank You Dr. Atkins

Plan: Atkinsmyway/Carb Cycling
Stats: 185/135/135 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:yes
Progress: 100%

Way to go debmeg! I glad that something is working, whatever it may be!!

Here's what's going on with me: Everyone can see from my sig line that I had great success the first three cycles, staying on carb UP more than carb DOWN. After that I changed the strategy, thinking to lose faster by staying on DOWN more than UP. It hasn't worked out that way. My weight loss has slowed, although not stalled, but I'm not waiting for that to happen to take action!

I think the problem is that by staying on carb DOWN for longer periods, my metabolism has slowed to a crawl. Yesterday, while on carb down my weight crept up a few ounces, and today it's up a little more. That's NEVER happened before on carb down. Obviously, this carb down is over.

So - here's what I'm planning. For the next several weeks I'm going to carb up until I've gained 2-3 pounds, then carb down JUST to lose that weight, but no longer than 3 days. I will keep doing this cycle over and over until I can carb up for about two weeks or so without gaining weight. (This is basically the Curves metabolic tuneup). After that I will start my regular cycles again, but THIS time, staying on carb up for at least a week, and carb down, I think no longer than 5 days.

So everyone who is trying this: Learn from my mistakes. Don't shortcut the carb up, that's what keeps your metabolism juiced.

And, I think this demonstrates why so many of us have failed while keeping to induction levels week after week. Your body slows down and the weight loss stalls. But, the thought of eating MORE makes no sense, you'll gain weight! Yes, you will at first, but the only way to increase your metabolism is to eat more food. Then when inductive levels are tried again you'll have the calorie deficit needed to lose. (Of course, everyone should be doing regular exercise to help with this also.)

So - don't expect any weight loss from me for awhile. I will keep everyone informed about my progress with the "metabolic tuneup." If it works, it could be something many members on this forum could use!

Sure wish I could have done this a few pounds lighter, so I could weigh less than dh. But, I think it needs to be done NOW!

Comments anyone?

Anita