#169   ^
Old Tue, Sep-07-04, 23:18
Princess Perseverant

Plan: general LC - pregnant
Stats: 250/157/157 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi all,

I think it's still too early for me to tell if carb cycling is working for me or if I just happen to be in a whoosh right now, but thought I'd pop in with some results.

Before I read about cycling, I'd been on what I'd call a carb up for a few days in any case, so when I started, I started on a carb down. During the carb down I managed to get down to my posted low of 163, which I hadn't seen for a while, and I even got a smidge (couple of ounces) under it. I guess I didn't really follow the 'rules' carefully because I then went on carb up for 3 days even though my weight loss hadn't stalled - I hadn't stayed at the same weight for 3 days, but I was going away for the weekend so I relaxed a bit and carbed up. When I got on the scale after 3 days of carbing up, I was actually a lower weight than 3 days previously, about 3/4 of a pound. And now, 3 days later, I'm down another pound, on carb down. So things are definitely moving, whether it's the cycling or just a whoosh for me that would have happened anyway. I'm going to try and follow the 'rules' more strictly this time - ie stay on carb down until I get the same reading 3 days in a row, but we'll see - I've also got to make it liveable, and as I said, it's harder to carb down during the weekends.

Anyway, I must be off and about!

Deb