View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-06-04, 23:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 150/134/120 Female 5'5
BF:too much
Progress: 53%
Default Induction question

before I start let me explain I have read a lot of low carb books including DANDR which is sitting quite happily next to me open to the chapter about induction. I wanted to fuse neanderthin and Atkin's induction together. Neanderthin is a very simple form of lo c-ing in which only meat, eggs, veggies, nuts, and fruits are allowed. No dairy, no aspartame, nada. I like the idea of neanderthin but would like to try to do an atkins-esque induction following its priciples. I live in a college dorm and have a college cafeteria therefore I do not have access to such gourmet offerings as "braised lamb" and "pork loin."

I have been trying to think about how I could get enough fat and I cannot come up with any ideas that do not involve cheese or mayo. So perhaps for convienence sakes and my sanity I will involve cheese for now.

Anyway...menu ideas based on what cafeteria offers...

breakfast: in my room b/c the cafeteria only serves carby stuff and their brekky stuff that is low carb is disgusting

I was thinking two chicken thighs and a piece of string cheese and water

lunch: a big salad from their salad bar with spinach, romaine, hardboiled eggs, and meat of the day, and perhaps more shredded cheese

snacks: chicken, string cheese, tuna, hb eggs (not all at once just ideas)

dinner: same as lunch except I will be able to get hamburger patties

I thought that this sounded okay and that when I had lost the weight I would ditch the cheese in favor of more carbs from fruits like apples, berries, melon, and pears. and also more veggies. I know about drinking loads of water too and taking my vitamins. Any input or ideas is most welcome.
Sponsored Links