View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-06-04, 11:55

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 195/191/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default Getting Back to the Basics

I have also had to start from scratch... unfortunately my willpower is pretty week. But I won't get into that.

Anyway, when I started induction again last Sunday I re-read Dr. Adkins book. I can't believe how much it helped my attitude. I also found alot of helpfull hints. Chapter 8 was probably the best, it goes over the rules of induction, the allowed foods and the foods to avoid. Here he also talks briefly about supplements, I don't know how you feel about vitamins (I have always taken them... Thanks to Mom) but I make sure to take at least a good multi, C, A&D, E, Flaxseed, Potassium, B Complex, and Chromium. There's others I take but these are the biggies for me to get the best energy and metabolism. Chapter 22 is more detailed on this subject. He does say that everyones body is different and that each formula would be different for each person.

As far as my fat intake, I eat extra virgin olive oil daily (with salad and sauted foods). I eat fatty protien only occationally (bacon and sausage) If i'm gonna have fatty meat, i'd rather eat a nice cut of rib eye steak (if you like blue cheese, it taste awsome crumbled over a grilled steak!! )

And I never count caleries, only carbs, I have to keep my carbs under 25 per day to lose. Since I started again last week I'm still trying to be consistant and do this right.

I stared adkins over two years ago, but I got serious Jan 03 at 230 lbs. I had long periods that I worked very hard and lost consistantly. Then I'd let myself eat more carbs than is good, I bounced around the scale slightly. Now I am down to 195. I started a journal and fitday and I am staying possitive.

I think the fitday is very helpful because you really see what you are eating.

I wish you lots of luck and strength to keep up all the good work