View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-06-04, 11:39

Plan: Modified Low Carb
Stats: 320/273.8/270 Female 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 92%

Yep. I've had that happen. I called it the 'Bouncing Wall Effect', cuz it was just like I'd hit a wall and everytime I'd get to the wall (240 at that time), I'd bounce back up 1-3 lbs and have to do them over again. Very, very frustrating.
I drifted away from the plan altogether after awhile. DON'T let that happen to you! (I regained weight, and then half again what I'd lost, which that time had been 70 lbs, so we are talking a regain of 105 lbs!).

Keep going low-carb whatever you do.
When I looked back over what I'd been eating on a regular basis when I'd hit that 240, the only culprit that really stood out to me was dairy. I don't know if you like dairy, cheese etc, but I sure do! and using Fitday now, I can see that I was thoughtlessly having cheese on this, cream on that, cheese/cream IN desserts etc). This time, I have been working on restricting my dairy, and just recently, again I caught myself adding a bit here and there to dishes and I've popped back up 2 lbs in a week. (TOM does not help either!) I'm going to try eliminating dairy for a month now and see if it is useful or whether I'm barking up the wrong tree.

The preservatives and salt in the pepperoni sticks might also cause you to retain a fair bit of water I imagine. And water weight does fluctuate on an almost daily basis I find, specially for women.