View Single Post
  #166   ^
Old Sun, Sep-05-04, 16:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/108/110 Female 64 inches
BF:33%/25%/22%
Progress: 104%

Okay, I'm on the bandwagon. I've read this thread (Anita, thanks for explaining everything so patiently), and I think it might be the answer for me. It is not that I am not losing weight (I am, albeit slowly), but I am worried that my low-carb, low-calorie intake has put me into starvation mode.

SO I am going to up my carbs (but more, my calories) for a few days (I plan 3, but we'll see what the scale does), and then go back to my previous regimen.

I just had a yummy (small) tomato from my garden with a couple of fried eggs and a slice of the almond pound cake I made last week. (The almond pound cake is soooo good--less than 3 g net carbs/serving! I made the recipe on this forum, sliced it into 10 slices, and froze 9 of them. This is only the second one I have had, heated in the convection oven for about 10 minutes wrapped in foil--delicious with unsalted butter.) I will make a trip to the grocery for some broccoli and other veg for my carb-up days Mon and Tues.

I think this sounds much smarter than staying on my current regimen...it is much closer to the way I intend to eat in the future, at maintenance.

I am doing 1100-1200 cal/less than 20 g carbs on my carb down days
I will do 1400-1500 cal/20-30 g carbs on my carb up days.

We will see how it goes. Thanks, all of you, for this thread.

Lucy
Sponsored Links