Old Sun, Sep-05-04, 11:55
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by petcrazed
OK now that all that is said i want to get on a soap box for a momment, This IS a way of life and not a diet, so saying for the next 50 years ( i am 30 so i figure i got about 50 years left) I will never have cake i will never have bread or potatos again or a big mac to me is rediculus.

To me, not eating cake, big macs and all the rest is worth feeling healthy and being slimmer.... yes, even for the rest of my life.

My own personal experience with dieting in the past is you finish the diet, you believe you can make minor alterations and have this and that "occassionally". But its a slippery slope. Once you start the slide the momentum picks up and it becomes an avalanche back to old bad eating habits and rapid weight gain.

I know I'm the sort of person who will gravitate back to old eating habits if I don't maintain strict vigilence. I think to really make this a WOL for me, means giving up the old stuff permanently. Which is fine, since I like my new food better. I have absolutely no problem not eating that old crap. It doesn't own my soul.

I think for me, a little bit of bread or cake is like giving a cocaine addict a little bit of cocaine.