#158   ^
Old Sun, Sep-05-04, 00:27
Princess Perseverant

Plan: general LC - pregnant
Stats: 250/157/157 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

hi,

well a mini-report for my first carb cycle.

i decided to start cycling around 10 days ago. i'd had a fairly higher carb week the week before; a day of CAD and some slightly uncontrolled lc chocolate consumption for a couple of days, so i started on carb down, and i was at 162.8 then. I had seen 161.6 prior to that, but not for quite a while - I tend to hit a low and then 'lose' it for a few weeks before getting back there again. I did carb down for about a week, although the weekend was more difficult to be really strict, and by this thursday just gone, a week after starting carb down, I was at 161.4, so I'd managed to make it down just past the lowest low I'd seen. Then thurs-sat I did carb up. I didn't count calories, because I was away on holiday, but I stayed low carb except I ate a couple pieces of fruit and some lc chocolate every day, and I'm sure cals were up from amounts of regular lc food I was eating. This morning I stepped on the scale, hoping to not have to wince too hard, as it was the first time I was using it after 3 days of carbing up. It read 160.6! So basically, after 3 days of carbing up I'm lighter than I was at the end of the carb down. Now I'm a bit stumped as to what to do now. I had been planning to go straight back to carb down today, and only have a short carb up cycle. But then I hadn't expected the scale to give me a new low after doing carb up! Any thoughts?

Deb