View Single Post
  #153   ^
Old Thu, Sep-02-04, 06:35
Thank You Dr. Atkins

Plan: Atkinsmyway/Carb Cycling
Stats: 185/135/135 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:yes
Progress: 100%

Yep, Monster66 - That's what I have experienced in the past. I use to NEVER be able to stay true to my eating plans. BUT, I lost weight better than I have this go around, and this time I've been super clean.

However, part of my motivation for lowcarbing is health, keeping blood sugar low is important for my blood pressure (I'm off BP meds after 20 YEARS! And, according to my doctor, I was on a pretty hefty dose. I took both a thiazide diuretic AND a beta blocker. My ENTIRE family, mother, father, and two brothers, are ALL on BP meds.) I DO NOT want to eat carbage.

That's why I came up with this plan. It, I guess, does a gentle carb load, just enough to rev the metabolism. (I saw this idea in a lower carb plan called Lean for Life .)

I encourage everyone not to use carb up as an excuse to eat carbage! This is a WOL that you will need to maintain for the rest of your life. Your health is SOOO worth it!

Also - many lowcarbers have found that once they go "offplan" for a day or two, they NEVER come back. IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!!

Just some "food" for thought...