Old Wed, Sep-01-04, 11:23
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/190/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maven26
I found that Prozac made it so I couldn't feel, and like I wasn't myself. It also caused me to have severe nightmares, even months after my doc had taken me off of it. I also gained a lot of weight and had many other side effects. I've been through all kinds of antidepressants... the most recent was Effexor, but I decided to get off of it because I was sick of being emotionless and having those little bodily jerks all the time. My emotions are a rollercoaster now, and I'm not sure if I should be on it or not, but it's nice to at least stop gaining weight, and feel like a human being again.

You might want to try 5-HTP, a supplement. When you say your emotions are like a rollercoaster, do you mean sometimes very depressed and sometimes agitated and maybe sometimes being too impulsive. If this is the case, stay away from supplement SAM-E.

To feel calmer supplement GABA can help.

Maybe if you have had really up and down emotions for a long time, you should have a psychiatrist (not your family doctor) evaluate you for bipolar or cyclothymic disorder. Too many family physicians are over-prescribing psych meds. My opinion is that only an expert should do this.