View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jan-19-02, 11:57

Plan: Atkins/ Protein Power
Stats: 173/140/140 Female 69.5
BF:2ndX w/ Atkins
Progress: 100%
Default After induction, I definitely started drinking again...

I'm in college and I do drink, but while I was on induction I didn't (of course), then for a while I drank maybe (or less than) once a week. Now since my classes just started up...the bar scene has been crazy and so have I...

This is my plan for the drinking thing:
- if I'm drinking at home (before we go out) I have, this is soooo good by the way, Diet Rite in the White grape flavor and vodka - it's incredible (champagne- only 2 carbs/glass - or red wine, dependly on the night). My boyfriend's mom drinking diet Rite in the orange cream flavor and she loves that too.
- if I'm at the bars, it's always DC and vodka...it's not nearly as bad as it sounds, but I always tell the bartender 3xs what it is so I make sure I have DC in there.
- if I'm out for a dinner evening, I always drink red wine, sometimes champagne. I could never order DC and vodka for dinner...lol.

I've had no problems at all w/ drinking. The "day after" I just try to stay away from anything w/ a lot of sodium and I drink plently of H20. I asked the Q about drinking when I first started and no one really had anything positive to say about it, I mostly got that if I was serious about my WOL, I wouldn't drink...it just depends on the person. I'm 21, a senior, and in college - the fact that I'm young, could also lead to why I am not having any problems or weight gain w/ drinking. I definitely have not put a beer to my mouth since I started