View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Aug-30-04, 14:05

Plan: Curves eating plan
Stats: 186/152/140 Female 5'8'
BF:
Progress: 74%

Well, I posted a question about how to change up my routine to include more cardio and longer weight training sessions, but I've had no responses over the past 4 days. I'll take the hint to mean that my post was annoying, dumb, or too long! Oh well.
I think I've figured out an answer to my problem, though. Basically, with my previous plan I wasnt getting in enough cardio. Usually just 2x, maybe 3x per week. My weight sessions also seemed like they needed more.
So this is how I'm changing it up:

Monday: Legs
Tuesday: cardio
Wednesday: back bis abs
Thursday: cardio
Friday: chest, shoulders tris
Saturday: cardio

I'm not too concerned about doing each on a particular day, it's more the order I like.
It accomplished a few things:
First, since cardio and weights are on separate days, I wont feel like I have to rush through weights to get to cardio so that I can get out of the gym more quickly. I dont like spending over an hour at the gym.
Second, I can spend more time on each cardio session. 30 - 45 min. And I can work at a higher intensity. I'll also get more cardio days in (i hope!)
Third, I can do my back workout with sufficient days of rest before I do squats. i have read that the lower back needs more rest than most other muscles and it needs time to recoup before doing squats. Since I often have lower back soreness before I do squats, I thought this would be best for my back.
Fourth, since I'm not doing cardio on any weight day, I can take more time to do the weight routines. I can add in more exercises (which I've been doing anyway) and not feel rushed. I like this.

So I think this will work for me. I'm not sure if I'll be able to do squats today. My lower back is sore for some unknown reason. (sitting too long at my desk, probably.) we'll see how I feel when I get to the gym. i might do cardio today and legs tomorrow. we'll see.