View Single Post
  #69   ^
Old Sat, Aug-28-04, 22:23

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 180/180/138 Female 165cm
BF:
Progress:
Default Getting Desperate

I was amazed to find this forum! After reading the posts, I nearly felt like crying. It's so good to know that I'm not the only one going through something like this. I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism after my son's birth about 7 years ago. I'd been taking Synthoid up until about a year ago. I moved to Australia and they don't carry that brand here, so my doctor put me on Oroxine 150mg daily. I have packed on 40 pounds over the last year and am still gaining. I've been telling my doctor for that long now that something isn't right.I eat well (low carb, low gi) and exercise 5-6 days a week (walking briskly 2.8k/day, hand weights morning and night).I eat better and exercise more than most people I know. They've checked my glucose, cholesterol, the hormone that indicates Polycystic Ovary Syndrome and a few more and say they are fine. This can't be normal! I can't just keep buying new clothes when I get too fat to wear the old ones each couple of months. I'm now up to 180 pounds. I don't know what else to do. It's mentally draining knowing that I'm constantly gaining weight and nobody will listen. I even kept a diary for 1 1/2 months of everything I ate, drank and any exercise I did before going to an Endocrinologist 2 months ago. He looked at it and asked if I were a dietician because I seemed to be eating all the right things. He just told me no carbs after 5 and use the hand weights and I will have lost 10cm by my next visit. It's now past the time to go back and it hasn't worked and I've gained a few more pounds and cm's in the process. Help! I don't know what else to do.