#2   ^
Old Sat, Aug-28-04, 18:10
"Natural Mystic"

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

I forgot...

I actually squatted 50 lb barbell in my circuit without a squat rack.

I knew I could squat more but I have a problem with the squeeze thingies that you put on the end of the plates when you put them on the squat (I know this sounds lame but when I tried to use them I could not squeeze them to go over the ends of the barbell so I use the pre-made up barbells and they are too short for the squat rack. So I could not lift the 50 lbs over my head to squat with it and I could not use the squat rack for assistance and I don't like the smith thing so I was "stuck" and 40 lb dumbell so Lift told me to use the leg press instead of doing squats so I could go heavy and until I built up my strength.

Well today I thought what the heck since I seem to be getting stronger or maybe it;s the juice (dextose) and got the 50 lb dumbell and tried to lift it over my head---same problem of lifting it above my shoulders so I took it to I forget the name of the machine but its for shoulders and back.

I placed the barbell on the place for the knees and sat on the place where you climb up and kinda rolled it onto my shoulders and then stood up. After I did my squats I was able to lift it over my head and out it on the floor. Maybe soon I will be able to lift it from the front to over my head.