View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-04, 20:10
Registered Member

Plan: south beach
Stats: 215/212.5/125 Female 5'2"
BF:too/drn/mch
Progress: 3%

Thanks for the input folks. Ok, here goes. I have read all the books about low carbing and understand the reasoning behind the 2 wk induction. But if other have tried with success to slowly adopt the life style (notice I said lifestyle, not diet) then I can too. I really was starting to feel like a failure at losing weight because I can't go cold turkey. I can give up sugar, that has never been my problem. I drink unsweetened tea and child I am as southern as you can get when it comes to our down home cooking. Herein lies the problem. Ya'll know that the South is known for it's "breaded and fried" quisine! I love chicken and dumplings (flat not spoon dropped), potatoes, corn, fried green tomatoes and the like. I have done some self evaluation and taken note of my eating habits. While in some cases I am noted for being the healthy eater at work, it has been popcorn (lite), baked chips and salsa, tons of fresh fruits. We have the best peaches in the world! So you can see what I have been faced with.

I know that this is going to be a personal choice to live my life somewhat differently than what I have been taught my whole life, but the point being is that my life is worth the change. No one can do this for me. I have to do this myself. I may fall once in a while, but I like to say "get yourself up, brush yourself off and start all over again." Thanks for all the support, I think you can see that I am going to need it.

Hugs ya'll
Ellie