View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-04, 16:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

I didn't do induction. I didn't have overeating problems, but I was hungry too often, too soon after eating, and I certainly was eating the wrong things.

I was a little spooked about making such a radical change in my eating, I was little nervous about "induction flu," and I frankly wasn't sure how much I could go without the bread and sugar.

So I decided to shoot for 40-60. This was a 300 gram reduction from the way I had been eating, so I figured there would be some effect.

I felt pretty draggy the first week, but the second week I started feeling great. I loved the food, and lost my taste for bread and sugar.

I've stayed at those levels ever since. So I don't see any reason why you can't "step down" if you felt that would work better for you. Then again, I didn't have health or emotional eating issues which would have complicated matters. And while some people do fine adding in grain, it seems to have a bad effect on me. I do better avoiding it almost all of the time.

Don't think of it as a diet. Think of it as changing the way you eat. That is the ONLY way it will work, short term or long term.