Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 12:17

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: still comfused..

Quote:
Originally posted by may
do you use supplements? what kind if you do? second, do you have a free day or did you chose not to? and finally do you measure portion sizes with the palm of your hand and restrict fat?
I totaly get the exercise part and the pictures on bodychange are totally inspiring. btw, how is it working for you? (if you don't mind me asking, sorry if that's rood.)

Hi again May

Yes, I use supplements - I use protein powder to get my protein up there - otherwise I'd be eating way too much for me to handle. I use Designer Whey (very low in carbs) with some berries and milk for one of my breakfasts and I use a premade shake of whey protein from weider for a lunch - both pack about 35g of protein with little carbs. I take supplements, but those I was taking before BFL with the exception of Glutamine - which I highly recommend. I take E, C, Cal/Mag, CoQ10 and a multi vitamine every day. I also throw some flaxseed oil into my morning shake for EFA's (essential fatty acids)

I use the free day differenlty than was intended - for me it is a LC day where I do not have to schedule in 6 meals - which can be tedious and takes planning. It's nice to be able to just eat when I am hungry and to not have to worry about getting in enough protein!

I do not restrict my fat or measure my portions as per BFL - I use PP guidelines for my meal sizes. I try to keep all meals to 400 calories and 20 - 30g of protein. I tried lowering fat and found it left me hungry and miserable so now I keep it around 100g. My percentages workout to something resembling 40% protein, 50% fat and 10% carbs (carbs are around 60g a day now).

As for results, I love them! I havent done any measuring since week 8 but at that time I had lost 15 lbs of fat and gained 6 lbs of muscle with a 6% drop in body fat. I have noticed changes in my body that I've never seen before with just diet change - slimmer thighs, more well defined shoulders, calves to die for and I can actually see the muscles developing in my back. This program has made a huge difference for me. I will be doing a second challenge when I return from Cuba at the end of January.

Hope this answers your questions.
Nat