#6   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 08:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145/132/129
BF:
Progress: 81%
Smile Thanks

Thanks

I've been trying to avoid Caffeine (I've cut out all tea/ diet coke ) and now I drink only sparkling water really, I do sometimes break and have a diet soda of some sort though if I'm out in pub and have just about drowned in water!

I think I could cut down/ out the Jelly, that has Aspartame in it and I had a feeling that some one might suggest cutting out the Mayonnaise as well!

My menu is:

Breakfast: 55g pre-packed bacon strips (0.22g carb/ 267 cals)

Lunch: Chicken & bacon salad - bought at a shop so I'm not sure but I think it includes about 1/2 cup of salad leaves, 1 small chopped chicken breast with about 1.5 tablespoons of crispy bacon bits sprinkled on top with a small pot of mayonnaise (about 1 tblspoon)
Dinner: Omelette (just one egg whisked and fried) with either some chicken, a tin of plain tuna or 3-4 rashers of bacon (I vary these day to day). Followed by a portion of jelly.

Over the course of the day if I snack I tend to have some jelly.

I changed the breakfast to a 113g pot of clotted cream, about (2.5g of carbs but I'm not sure about the fat/ calories) because I thought the extra fat would stimulate ketosis. (Which it did the stix turn quite dark purple). But I'm a bit worried about eating so much cream so at the moment I'm back on the bacon!

I am not fussy about food and don't mind eating the same things regularly if it works!

I could try cutting out bacon/ finding a low-salt alternative. I don't know what else I can do...

I will start a journal today, though as I say I tend to find something and stick to it so the day listed above is typical. I do sometimes snack on chicken legs, mainly at weekends if I'm around the house.

One thing the diet has done is beaten any cravings which is brilliant, I just used to snack constantly before!

Many thanks

Hilary