View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-18-04, 15:59

Plan: Curves eating plan
Stats: 186/152/140 Female 5'8'
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default My work in progress...

Well, I suppose it's time to start a gym log!

Warning!!! This post is under construction!!!

(To get to my routine, scroll down - it's in blue).

First, a bit of background about me!

I'm female, 25 yrs old, 5'8" and currently 153 pounds. I want to get down to 140 lbs, but I think when I get there I'll want to reevaluate. I feel like I have more than 13 pounds of fat to lose. Most of my fat is carried in my midsection - around my stomach and back (I HATE my back fat!) The bone structure of my hips is reasonably wide, but I dont carry as much fat there.

Goals:
First, my "vanity goal": I want to feel comfortable in a bikini. I've never in my life worn one before and I'd love it if I could wear one proudly.

Real goals and Health goals:
I want to get stronger. I never want my physical limitations to effect everyday life. For example - hubby and I bought a 51" TV last week (oh, how I love it!). We had to call his brother to help bring it home because it was at least a 2 person job. I'm not strong enough to make it just a me and hubby job. I dont want that to happen again.
I want to have healthy pregnancies (whenever it is I have kids!). I dont want to be bedridden and I want to be able to be as active as possible for as close to the due date as possible. I want my children to be as healthy as possible.
I dont want to be a as weak as my grandmother is at her age (82). I want to be active when I'm older.

I'm sure I have other goals, but these are the ones most related to my fitness goals.

This is my current workout routine. I started free weights 4 weeks ago and came to this routine about 3 weeks ago. I'm still increasing weights on some of the exercises as my body is adjusting.

I do these exercises in this order.

Day 1: chest, shoulders, tris, 20 min cardio
flat bench press with dumbbells 3x8
military presses 3x8
side lateral raises 3x8
tricep press down machine 3x8
overhead single-arm tricep extensions 3x8

Day 2: back and biceps, abs
lat pull down 3x8
one-arm dumbbell rows 3x8
standing alternating bicep curls 3x8
weighted back hyperextensions 3x8
incline situps 3x8
incline reverse crunches 3x8
weighted 45 degree oblique side bend 2x12

Day 3: cadio 20-30 min, depending on day

Day 4: legs
squats, as far down as I can go, 3x8 (65 lbs right now)
reverse lunges 3x8
straight-leg dead lifts 3x8
standing calf raises 3x8

Then repeat with Day 1.

I try to go to the gym 6 days a week. Sometimes I get as low as 4 days on off-weeks. But I almost always get there 4-6 days per week and I alternate these 4 routines.

I like to keep a day off from lifting between back and leg exercises to give my body a rest. I can feel it in my hamstrings during back hyperextensions, and I can feel it in my back during squats and SL-deadlifts.

For cardio I use the elliptical, treadmill, bike, recombant bike, stairclimber and sometimes the rowing machine. On the elliptical and treadmill I try to do intevals, but I dont think the difference between my high and low heart rates are large enough.

The following is a list of supplements that I take for a variety of reasons.

Supplements:

Multivitamin
Ultra Hair by Nature's Plus (Basically just high in B vitamins and Biotin)
Vitamin C complex with bioflavanoids - 3 g/day, divided doses
Calcium - divided doses
Magnesium with zinc - divided doses
Vitamin E
Vitamin K
Omega 3-6-9 Complex

Whey protein - GNC Chocolate flavored. 1 per day, 1 hr before working out.
L-glutamine powder - 5 g before bed on lifting days or when I feel like I need it.

Sponsored Links