Plan: Low-carb/south beach
Stats: 194/159/155 Female 67inches
BF:????
Progress: 90%
Talking dear Compchick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompChick
Hi Byebye30,

You caught me LOL yes I am getting very discouraged. I lost the 15 #s then got very excited to see more come off and I have been at a stand-still since then. I was just telling my daughter this morning that I was going to quit this diet since it completely stopped working for me. Then I got your letter...thanks!!

I dont know why I am not losing anything i am doing everything right. I have looked into the South Beach Diet which has more variety but I had acess to the Atkins diet so I started that one instead. South Beach looks better to me though so I am going back and forth with the thoughts on it right now. Just discouraged thats all. My daughter is doing this with me and she is not losing either...she lost 10#s then nothing since. I wonder what I could do to jump start the lose so I would feel better about continuing on with it?? I wonder if anyone has any suggestions to this one....I am really ready to just give it up, struggling with it right now alot. I want to see weight loss LOL

Thanks for checking in with me...I havent been on the site for a couple days now and that was a good thing, it brought me back LOL Thanks!

CompChick

Gosh, I can't believe I just lost a whole letter that I wrote to you. I thought I was signed in, but I wasn't! That really stinks!
Anyway, you shouldn't be discouraged. You've lost more than I have and we started about the same time. Just think of how your going to feel if you don't stick to this compared to how you will feel if you do and lose the weight that you want to lose . Think about next summer and being able to wear shorts and a bathing suit without feeling self concious. It's really worth it!
I have heard that the South Beach is more liberal than the Atkins. I'm doing the SB, so I'm more familiar with it. It's definetly liveable. I could eat this way for the rest of my life and I think that's the most important thing. You have to be able to do this for the long haul. You can work the foods back in that you really enjoy, eventually.
Here are a few ideas/helpful hints:
*remember that during your pms week you could be retaining water, so don't be discouraged by no weight loss or a couple lbs weight gain.
*too much salt also will make you retain water.
*make sure your drinking enough water.
*stalls are NORMAL! Don't sweat it if your doing everything right.
*try www.fitday.com. I just started recording my daily food intake and realized that I was getting a few too many carbs during my induction period, so I changed my carb intake yesterday and lost 2 and a half lbs by this morning. It keeps you in check and lets you see a visual of what your eating.
*stay in touch with this forum. Support is very important in the beginning.
*this way of eating DOES work! There are thousands of people out there who have lost alot of weight doing this.
KEEP IT UP! YOU CAN DO IT!
TALK TO YOU SOON....
~Byebye30~(NOW 22.5)