View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-02, 12:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/197/135
BF:
Progress: 35%

Made it through my first week! Took my measurements on Saturday a.m., and lost 3 inches!!!!!!!! I can hardly believe it -- is that possible????? (I did not lose any weight -- just the inches). Wow -- that really makes it worthwhile. I doubt I will get the same results each week, but that's very encouraging.

Nat is right about the free day -- the best part about it is not having to eat! Never in my life did I ever think I would be ready to beg someone 'Please, don't make me eat any more!!!' I did not eat breakfast, and had my one indiscretion -- a slice of pizza for lunch (and I even ate the crust). Supper was at my son-in-law's graduation party -- turkey cold cuts, cheese, veggies and dip, and -- oh, yes -- I even drank a beer!

Sunday was cardio:

20 minutes on the new cycle my husband bought. I did have a problem with it, though, and I'll stick to the treadmill from now on. The hamstring in my right leg has been bothering me ever since I used it. A year ago Thanksgiving I fell on the ice and ripped my hamstring so badly that I lost over a unit of blood from the tear -- couldn't even drive a car for 2 weeks -- and it took months to heal. It did not bother me at all until I rode that bike.

Planned lower body and abs workout for today when I get home from work (same as last Wednesday). My husband started back to work today, so I am back to taking my grandson to before school daycare. He leaves for work at 5:00 a.m., so I have to get Bobby up, get his breakfast, pack his snack, and get him to the daycare -- makes mornings more hectic again.

Food for Monday:

Egg beaters omelet
1/2 cup mixed fruit (frozen, thawed -- melon and peaches)

Myoplex

Roast beef, turnips, carrots

Roast beef, raw veggies (broccoli, snow peas, celery)

Roast chicken, salad w/blue cheese dressing, mixed veggies

CS protein shake