#71   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-02, 11:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/136/145 Female 5'8.5"
BF:33.95/24.51/20
Progress: 111%
Default hi...Happy Monday!

Gilta,
Hi, I don't think we've met on the boards yet so I just wanted to say hello, welcome and congratulations on almost
being done with induction...that's awesome! You're so right about eating enough food and drinking enough water..I didn't think about the salt intake (my dr's have made me add salt because my pressure drops too low and I black out)...but, the fact is that salt can really cause bloat and water retention. Drinking the water really helps to push that fluid and any toxins right through the body. So, I'll think I'll run downstairs to get some water right now...lol. I understand your goal to lose 2 pounds a week (because I'd love to do the same). The thing that I've noticed is that sometimes the body just releases weight in it's own time (boy...do I hate that). But, what's truly amazing is just getting through the next 6 months and then looking at our progress. I think we will all be amazed :-) Sunshine2 and I have set a short term goal to lose 10 pounds by Valentine's Day...and that small goal is just hard enough.

Sunshine2,
Ohhhh for some reason I though you were in California too. Thanks for your comment about my pic...I appreciate that. I noticed that a few people have pictures on line and it's kind of nice to see what people look like....you feel like you know them a little more.

I go through the same thing with my weight loss...especially with exercising. I am weight training and as we all know "muscle weights more than fat". The nice thing is the inches seems to go down pretty fast even if the scale isn't showing it yet. I'm glad you took starting measurements on December 28th...it will be fun to see your progress. It's a really good sign that you already feel thinner and that your clothes are fitting better (YaY Sunshine2). I usually try to measure once a month...and last measurement my waist was down 5 1/2 inches...even though my weight loss seemed stalled...that was pretty nice! What type of exercise program did you set up at Curves (I think that's a gym...right)?

I'm still trying to lose 10 by Valentine's day...but, the truth is I'll be happy with whatever progress I make....especially if the inches keep going down. Don't worry, we'll do our best and see what happens!