View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-13-02, 19:02

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: //
BF:
Progress: 50%

I haven't found a great way of discussing this woe yet either. I don't want to invite an argument and basically don't feel like justifying myself to anyone.

My strategy instead has been to just eat what I eat and let them think their evil thoughts that I'm destroying myself. They must be beginning to wonder how it is that I've dropped 75 lbs when I consume so much meat and fat; they keep commenting on how great I look but haven't yet asked how it's possible. I'll wait till they do instead of going on evangelistic crusade.

This is not an ideal approach. When someone asks me to their house for a meal I keep suggesting a new restaurant I've read about or tell them they shouldn't go to the trouble of cooking and offer to bring something myself. So far this has worked out, but I can't imagine getting away with it much longer.

I think it might work to explain that you're trying to control a blood sugar problem. I know other people here tell waiters that they have diabetes. Of course, that wouldn't fly with family members (unless you want to tell a really big whopper!).

Whatever happens, don't let them discourage you. The real test is how it works for you.

Allison