View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jan-13-02, 14:09

Plan: low carb
Stats: 324/228/180 Female 5feet 6inches
BF:47%
Progress: 67%
Thumbs up

I was a person who rarely ever drank water before this way of life. I am now a water junky.

In the beginning of this woe I searched for diet rite (the only s.f. soda here in U.S. that contains splenda and not nutr.sweet). Then I read about how your body really needs water and the amount that I needed to drink daily (back then 162oz a day). I made a pact with myself that I wouldn't drink the soda until I had my daily water intake put away. Needless to say I didn't get to drink much of the soda. Then a funny thing happened. The diet soda became too sweet so I stopped drinking it (I still have a 6pack under my desk here at work untouched since sept). Then Coke came out with a lemon flav. s.f. coke and I made the mistake of trying it, and I liked it too much. I started drinking that instead of the water and became bloated. So I forced myself to give it up and started drinking the water again.
* There is something special about drinking the amount of water your body acturally needs; After about a week [of drinking the amount of water your body needs] your body will start to crave the water, and you will recognize that you are thirsty [for water] a lot more than you used to be. It is now easing to drink my daily amount. In fact I go over.

I find it easier to drink out of a big water jug. I know that if I drink at least four full jugs a daily I am getting more than enough water. I also drink it cold. It is true that drinking it at room temp. makes it easier to drink, but drinking it cold makes you burn more calories.