View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jan-12-02, 22:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 287.4/255/155 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default Water baby

I have loved water for years. Some of my friends would get *slightly indignant* with me - for bringing my own 7Eleven Big Gulp jug of water when visiting their homes - I wanted filtered, not tap water.

True story: At the onset of my diabetes 3 yrs ago, I was at the hospital in the diabetes clinic when the endocrinologist, whom I'd never met, walked in and said "Hi Ruth, how are you?" I was stunned, how did he know who I was? (BTW, he was VERY VERY cute & super nice too). Turns out he had run into my GP in another part of the hospital, she told him I was upstairs, he'd know me by the 7Eleven gulp jug of water I carry....so he came by to see how I was. The clinic actually cancelled someone's else's appt to get me in so they could teach me to use my glucometer.... high blood sugars and way high ketones, I was so sick, yuckeeeeee. Instant whoosh of 20 lbs, no kidding!

Now I'm a happy lowcarber who has decent bld sugars (low 6's) and I still drink lots of water.

I don't have any tips - I just automatically drink tons of water. Do I get my wings?