View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jan-12-02, 14:27

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

Xorm, excellent questions! You know, Best Foods is the lowest sugar brand I can find, too. I make my own when I'm feeling energetic...and it's easy! egg yolk, salt, a tad of splenda if you wish, a bit of vinegar, dry mustard if you wish--in blender, then s-l-o-w-l-y add oil of your choice (you can make some fun mayos with various oils, like toasted sesame, walnut, etc). I forget the proportions, cuz I do it by look--you want the mayo thick but don't want to see it "break" and form an oil slick on top. this is the ONLY way I can be sure to get pure mayo

Simiarly, if I buy bacon at a regular store, I just pick up every package and check carbs, looking for "0" per two slices, though it's always on the ingredients list.

Mostly, though, I go to a health food store for both of these items (and for bottled salad dressing, too). My local HFS has free-range pig belly bacon, no additives beyond salt. And they have olive oil mayo with nothing but the egg and oil and salt.

Best of luck to you! Better to be paranoid than not at first, while you're figuring stuff out. You sound like a success story in the making.