View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-12-02, 07:47

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%
Unhappy Confusion about real whipped cream carb counts?

Before I start, I want to let you know I KNOW this has been discussed, and I've searched using whip and cream and carb. What I found was interesting but doesn't answer my question. I've been searching for over an hour between here and fitday, so I have tried to figure this out, and have come away more confused than ever.

Santa brought a make your own cream whipper with the compressed gas cartridges. I'm wondering now if this was a good thing to ask for. I'm dieing to try it, but can't figure out what the carb count would be for a "blob" of a couple of tablespoons of the stuff that comes out nice and fluffy.

The real liquid whipping cream I have is Neilson 35% whipping cream at .5 carbs per 15 ml or 1 tablespoon in the fluid form

Whipped up, 1 tablespoon is less dense than 1 fluid tablespoon, so would have fewer carbs.

At Fitday, the carb count for 1 cup of whipped up cream, with no sweetner added is 6.64 carbs. 1 cup is 16 tablespoons, so a tablespoon of the whipped up stuff would be .415 carbs

So the Fitday whipped up carb count is almost as much as my brand before it is whipped, for 1 tablespoon. Would that be a reasonable carb number to use?

We're talking about a small amount of carbs here, What looks like it may be about 1 carb for a nice blob of it on my berries.

I just want to make sure that I'm not UNDERCALCULATING

I don't plan on having whipped cream often, but when I make up a batch in the cream whipper, I'll need to use it up within 2 weeks, so I'll be eating it until it is gone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Some days this is so confusing!
Sponsored Links