Old Wed, Jan-02-02, 13:24

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default Top Ten Worst Things That Can Happen

Quote:
Originally posted by K-Louise
I absolutely understand your panic. It is a scarey thing. I like to play the "what is the worst thing that can happen" game. If you think about the worst thing that can happen, I'm sure you will find you would survive it (the worst scenario, that is).

The advice given so far is very comforting and kind -- and right on, I think -- but Kim's "what is the worst thing that can happen" game set me thinking. I always think of "what's the worst thing that can happen" and it's never "Well, we didn't seem to hit it off and so I went home and we both lived happily ever after." No.

These are the worst things that can happen and are much the same fears of High Adolescence. (And a gender switch will work here; substitute "she" for "he" if appropriate.)

1. When you say, demurely, "I got divorced 15 years ago and really haven't dated much since" he gets up from the table hurriedly and leaves out a back door -- but not before writing on the men's room wall "[yournamehere] is frigid!"

2. When you get to his house and disrobe, he laughs.

3. When you get to his house and disrobe, he suddenly remembers an appointment in another state and asks you to leave. [Note: as any Cosmo girl knows, this is why you should always ask him to your house. Then he can leave at 3:00 a.m. and find a taxi home.)

4. He has a hidden camera.

5. At a crucial moment, 62 of his fraternity brothers burst from the closet, all with cameras, all laughing.

6. You don't know he has a hidden videocamera then, but find out when you see the trailers for the next hit movie at the local cinema. You've invited your parents.

7. He tells everyone you know absolutely everything you said and everything that happened.

8. Everything is wonderful and you're happy that you've taken this bold, brave step and he never calls again.

9. You call him and he hangs up.

10. At work the next day, everyone looks at you funny and bursts into giggles.

Razzle -- none of these things will happen to you But I understand the fears.