Old Wed, Jan-02-02, 10:18

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default Re: dating fears

Quote:
Originally posted by razzle
I know that many of us felt safe and secure from the difficulties of romantic relationships in our overcoat of extra fat.

....I both like and hate the added attention from men whenever I slim down. I know I'm not alone in these thoughts/feelings, but it would help me to hear others talk about their experiences. Maybe one of you has some insight, experience, knowledge, advice that would help me feel calmer about this date and the whole process of losing weight and how that changes one's love life.

I understand exactly what you are talking about. Having been divorced for almost 5 years now after a 15 year marriage, the dating scene is very stressful for me as well. I think the number 1 answer for me has been to realize that all I can do is be myself. And if it turns out that 'he' doesn't care for who I am, then an inappropriate partner has been eliminated. I found a book that I keep re-reading because the advice is so sensible. It's called "If the Buddha Dated" written by Charlotte Kasl.

Try taking it "one date at a time". By that I mean....don't worry about what happens next, just enjoy what is happening now. Oh......and for the stress...just breathe. Long, slow, deep breaths. You'll be surprised how calming that can be.

Marlaine