View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-10-04, 14:06

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I do what carver does if I do decide to have them, but I really, really try to stay away from the s.a.'s to begin with - they are not nice to me!!! I think I can attribute most stalls that I've had to sugar alcohols. I also agree that they should be left for OWL or maintenance and not for Induction. OTOH, if it's going to prevent a cheat and it's the lesser-of-the-evils, have some but just enough to get you thru and count at least 50% of the TOTAL carbs, not the big number on the front.... I've mainly used the Ross bars for when I'm going to a movie or an outing where I know I'll be tempted to eat something off plan.

If you're at home make something from the 'treat' area of the recipe section - the chocolate peanut butter cups are EXCELLENT and very quick and easy to make, or you could whip some heavy whipping cream, add some Splenda or da vinci syrup and 2 tsp of unsweetened cocoa -- Induction-friendly, low carb, and no sugar alcohols. When it comes to bars, stick to Atkins (no s.a.'s) if you REALLY have to have one (emergency stash kind of thing)...

Take care