#2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-08-04, 16:22
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi there

In my experience, I have found that cardio works fairly well while you are still "fat" (a bit of a loaded term, but I think you know what I mean here), and as you become more muscular and leaner, I've found that weightlifting works better for body composition.

Do what you're doing until you stall. Then try upping the intensity with the lifting, and drop the cardio down a bit.

Post working out, you'll hear a LOT of advise about whey protein and fast carbs. There's a thread I started that got turned into a sticky in the Exercise forum. I'll link you to it here. The research suggesting post lifting carbs was all done on men - a LOT of women, myself included, can't even have whey after lifting because too much of it glycolyzes and turns into sugar in my body, and I get spillover into fat stores from post workout carbs, like a LOT of women seem to.

I do cottage cheese after exercise, then later on, a meal of fibrous veggies, protein, and fat (steak and broccoli with butter?), and this seems to have been working fine for me for a while now.

Good luck - keep up with your programme, and you are sure to enjoy continuing success.

- Built