Old Sun, Aug-08-04, 13:27
... Pro-Atkins!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 312/274/220 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 41%
Smile

Hi Everyone!

First, a programming note. I had someone outside of the forum sign up for our group, so I've now made ours 'Private'. I would have done so in the first place, but I couldn't figure out how to invite you all! This means that if anyone wants to join our happy troop, they'll have to contact us first.

Dianne ~ Good luck selling your rental property!
Here's a star from me... ... since you won't get stars tracking your progress. You're a Presidential Champion - working towards a medal instead of an Active Lifestyle Award, like me. In fact, here's the group breakdown:

Active Lifestyle Award Challengers
Kelly
Mary
Becky
Jude
Signey
Skinnbones
TedMom
Monika

We've committed to 30 minutes of activity a day, 5 days a week for six weeks.

Presidential Champions
Julie
Dianne
Crysania
Teresa
JstPeachie (So glad to see you are back!)

You guys are working towards 20,000 points for your first Bronze Medal. I don't believe there is a time limit, but there is a 750 point daily cap (as ldcowboy kindly pointed out in an earlier post).

Both these programs have lovely rewards - certificates, pins, tee-shirts, stickers, etc. I may reward myself with one of their pedometers when I complete my six weeks.

What I love about these Challenges is that this is a program that never has to be over! You work your way up - Award, Bronze, Silver, Gold - and then there is Advanced work where all the points need to be doubled to achieve the medals. Whew! That is a serious challenge and can keep you moving ahead for a long time.

Jude ~ I'm like you and Julie - when 'household activity' is vigorous, I'm counting it by God! But I can't exactly claim most of the housework I do: straighten up, pet the cat, vacuum a little, heat up a cup of tea, start a load of laundry, check the forum, etc. Mostly fragmented and at a very easy pace. Good luck setting up that classroom! I think we've got two teachers, you and Mary (Marebear). Looks like we're in good company!

ldcowboy ~ Good luck on getting the gold! Your activity level is an inspiration!

Signey ~ We'll do it together this time and heal all those 'I can't do it' wounds, okay?! Let's kick those sadistic gym teachers in the butt. (If you didn't have one, come on over and we'll give a few of mine double duty! )

Julie!!! My goodness woman, you are shrinking away! Those are better inch losses in one week than I typically make in a month. Sometimes two! No wonder your friends have commented - that's a big change in so short a time. Congratulations! Now a question ... you must be measuring both thighs at once. That's not typical this side of the pond - is it a European thing or personal preference?

PS - Love the Presidential Points and Running Total ... so cool!

Crysania ~ You've made me think of all the time I stand around in the kitchen, waiting for something to finish so I can move onto the next step. My bike is literally around the corner and twice now I've gone and pedalled for a few minutes, thanks to your suggestion. They're not long sessions, obviously, but since one of my major goals is to keep my inner furnace running hot, this is bound to help. Thanks!

Have a great start to the week folks!