View Single Post
  #198   ^
Old Sat, Aug-07-04, 16:23

Plan: low- to medium-carb
Stats: 114/105/105 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Advice along same lines...?

I have a question that relates to much of the information on this thread--specifically about the advisability (or benefits) of exercising before having breakfast.

My morning routine is somewhat different from those of others I'm reading here. For instance, I'm generally up at 8:30, and it's about 9:30-10:00 AM before I'm ready to go out for my morning 45-minute run (or bike ride). Originally--before LC'ing--I did it on any empty stomach, and came back, washed up, and was ready for lunch at around 12 or 12:30. I skipped breakfast, as a result.

When I started LC'ing, most of the advice I received on this board was not to skip breakfast--kick-start my metabolism, give myself 3-5 small meals/day, not let too much time go by without eating, etc. So I did start to eat my LC breakfast (I'm on PP)--and began to have it before I left for jogging. It's not very large--I take in about 1250 cals/day, for my height/age/goal weight.

Anyway, the question now is, if I go back to jogging on an empty stomach, I will not have breakfast at all, but will return in time--after cleaning up, doing a few errands, etc.--for lunch. I don't want to have a meal at around 11:30, because it isn't practical workwise for me to wait again till around 1:30/2 PM to eat the second meal. Currently, meals snacks are (approx.) at 9:30, 12:30, 3, 5:30/6 (and a snack if I really need one at around 7:30).

I can't seem to get up earlier than 8:30. I work out of my home office and use my eyes a lot, so sleep is important, and I get/need about 9 1/2 to 10 hours/night.

Those of you reading this: Would you still advise me to get my AM exercise on an empty stomach and skip b'fast altogether in favor of lunch at 12:00-12:30--or should I eat a little something before going out?

Thanks for any input!

Best, Sona