View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Aug-07-04, 09:56

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
It is not a nice thing to say, but there are a few carbnazi's out there....

Quote:
I can agree that the word is carbnazis...gosh I've heard people eating strictly meat, salad, veggies and water and don't even get them started on how bad the lc products are and how we the people that look for alternatives are doomed for failure. To them I say "chill..is just food"...

Foks, if you don't agree with our don't like someone's opinion/advice, they can't force you to follow it. As with any opinion or advice offered on this forum, everyone is free to accept it, ignore it, reject it or debate it to their heart's content within the boundaries of the forum rules.
So...how is it such a problem if some see the barrage of low carb products on the market (many of them containing unhealthy or disallowed ingredients) and using them during induction as a bad thing and advise against using them for the first 2 weeks? Is it because they are advising newbies to follow induction "by the book" or is it because they aren't saying what some people want to hear?
Going low carb is intended to be a lifestyle change. If you can't live without certain things and would not be able to low carb without them, do what you must. But...with the number of posts that I've seen from people who say, "I followed low carb to the letter and didn't lose weight/got sick/had my bloodwork get worse" when they were filling their menus with fake foods (as low carb as they may be), my advice would be to pick the products that you use with caution.
I recently read an exchange from Colleen Heimowitz from the Atkins center where she recommended that people limit their use of low carb products (even the Atkins legal ones) to no more than 1 or 2 a day and limit sugar alcohols to 20 grams a day or less (many low carb sweets contain more than that in 1 serving).

Quote:
quit driving people away from products that legitimately add variety to a LC diet's induction phase without any nutritional risk!

What products would you consider as not posing any nutritional risk?