View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Aug-05-04, 21:59
Rock, Ya'll

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 278/273/178 Male 6 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%

Hey Emily... Glad to see ya... and Namaste to you as well..

I'm not really sure what we might talk about in here, but I'm sure it could be interesting. Dharma Bums and Zen Lunatics certainly does have a Buddhist flare and I am a Buddhist, but it certainly doesn't stop there. In fact, I think I'll leave a poem about that before closing this post.

I'd also add since you mentioned Wiccan that I find that extremely interesting. I haven't always been as Spiritual as I consider myself now, but about the same time I found the desire in myself to see myself as walking a spiritual path I also happened to be chatting a good bit with an Itallian Witch..... She was pretty insistant that she was an Itallian Witch - not Wiccan, but she did identify a lot with Wiccan. And again, I found our conversations very interesting. They were very enlightening both internally and externally. So who knows? Maybe you can share some of your thoughts from the Wiccan side of things here too.

From the Buddhist side too I'll add that if you're not familar with Milarepa you might be interested in looking at that. He had a much different life prior to achieving enlightenment.. http://c-level.com/milarepa/

Then last, here's that poem.. This guy, Rumi, wasn't a Buddhist either, but I think we can still claim him as a Dharma Bum.... ;-)

Define and narrow me, you starve yourself of yourself
Nail me down in a box of cold words,
That box is your coffin, my friend.
I do not know who I am..
I am astounded lucid confusion..
I am not a Christian, not a Jew, not a Zoroastrian,
Not even a Moslem...
I am the life of life..
I am that cat, this stone, no one...
I see and know all times and worlds
As one, one, always one.
What do i have to do?