Old Wed, Aug-04-04, 22:20
Registered Member

Plan: Restarted Atkins 07/27/04
Stats: 267/244/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Hang on

Beth1954,

You're in good company. I did notice something on your post. You said you've been on Atkins 3 days, however, I noticed your weight goals indicate you have lost 2 pounds. That's pretty good even though you may not be feeling really great yet. One thing that happens when we are depressed is that we can focus on what's not working vs. what is. I don't know if you are giving yourself mini-rewards for your progress but that may help you to perservere.

Also, for me, keeping busy in other areas of my life helps me to not focus so much on "food as a missing friend." Sometimes Atkins does get boring in a kind of good way especially if you're an emotional eater. You don't get the rush or the high. Food starts to be about hunger and nutrition rather than soothing and comforting. One of the things Atkins does for me is break that cycle of eating for reasons other than hunger (like boredom, loneliness, anger, sadness). I guess that's where the food boredom helps me a little. Perhaps when you get that pop-tart craving and meat and eggs just don't cut it, ask yourself what else might feel good right now. Just a suggestion.

Hang in there. We're all with you.