View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Aug-04-04, 18:53
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203/182/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%

I returned to this WOE about a year ago, after a few years away (and a big weight gain). For the longest time, I just couldn't seem to stick with it even though I'd done it several times before. Same as you: One bad decision, or cheat, would turn to another and another until I just gave up.

That was when I decided to switch to Weight Watchers, because low-carb just wasn't working for me anymore.

Well, after five weeks of misery on WW, constantly feeling hungry and obsessing about points - and a weight GAIN - I finally decided it was time to just buckle down and DO it. And that's what it took for me. I picked two weeks when I didn't have much planned other than work, so I could plan my meals, avoid eating out, and just stick out induction. I also announced to the world that I was going to stick to it, which I hoped would make me keep my word just to avoid embarrassment.

And it worked. I had trouble losing at first, but I seem to have resolved that, and now I'm not even TEMPTED to cheat anymore.

So I'm not sure if that helps, but for me the keys were: picking a low-stress time to get through induction, making a public commitment, and realizing I really had no other choice because it's the only WOE that actually works for me. And just buckling down and FORCING myself to stick with it for the first few weeks.