Old Tue, Aug-03-04, 21:04
... Pro-Atkins!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 312/274/220 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 41%
Smile Hi Dianna ...

Welcome to the Triple Digits Club!

I'm glad you found us ... this is a great place for support and learning.

Like you, I've been heavy all my life and I never lost weight on any diet plan. And I tried 'em all, too! This is the only thing I've ever been able to do - and I feel I can say ... It's Working.

But at one point early on - I think it was 6 weeks out - I learned I had lost very little. I was soooo disappointed because so many other people around me were dropping pounds right and left. Luckily, some veteran posters here set me straight and gave me the advice I'm going to share with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me in Beth's Introduction
DO NOT compare yourself with others. There are people here who have incredible stories of speedy weight loss. That may or may not happen for you. Typically, it's the men and younger women who have the easiest time. Pay attention to the whole spectrum of success. There are people on this forum who lose very slowly yet have lost a great deal of weight ... and I think it's rare of these folks not to maintain easily. And that is the point of all this, right?

It's so frustrating, especially when we work so hard and don't see the quick results we deserve. But don't give up!

It'll be worth it in a year when you've dropped many pants sizes ... it'll be worth it at your next checkup and your doctor says your blood pressure is lower ... it'll be worth it when you realize that this is the WOE that actually will help you lose lots of weight and gives you a realistic way of keeping it off.

You can do this!

BTW, here's a link to the stalls / plateau article they keep here on the forum. Hope this helps!

Best of luck to you.