View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Aug-03-04, 16:34

Plan: South beach (modified)
Stats: 185/154/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 89%

Hi Clavicula!

Don't worry about not having low carb junk - there are many on this forum who stop loosing (stall) when they eat power bars, power drinks etc. - better you stick to the basics, and you will be fine. I am doing South Beach, not Atkins, and just visited sort of around Hungary (Romania, Bulgaria and Greece), and found those places WONDERFUL for low carbing.

Little side story for you - oh, these Americans (I am now both German and American): Michael Jackson visited Ceaucescu's huge Palace (for which he displaced 50,000 people and distroyed wonderful 100 year old houses), which has a balcony overlooking the capital city, from which MJ shouted with all his heart: "Welcome Budapest".

I got the impression Romanian kitchen is basically austria-hungarian, so hopefully some of this is true in Hungary too? They had eggs, fish, cold cuts, all kinds of cheese, plain yoghurt, red and green peppers, cucumbers for breakfast, meat or fish and potatoes (you leave them alone!) and veggies for dinner - breakfast is easy, you just don't eat bread, and Lunch dinner is easy because you just leave the potatoes alone.

I don't want to convince you South Beach is better, but if you are interested in that diet, pretty much all you need to know is at the following Website:
http://www.mizfrogspad.com/south_beach_diet.htm
- maybe there is a similar site for Atkins?

Good luck! And welcome!