#14   ^
Old Tue, Aug-03-04, 13:46
... Pro-Atkins!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 312/274/220 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 41%
Smile Hi Folks!

Welcome Old and New Friends ~ I'm glad we're here together again ... and SweetieMae, I hope you'll enjoy this thread as motivating and supportive as we TDC Fitness Veterans have found the previous Challenges.

Happy Birthday Crysania! I hope it was a great one. And may each year prove healthier from here on out. (I can see it now ... at 98, you're the world's top Belly Dancer, teaching Pilates to 20 year olds and blowing their socks off! ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
Do you think we should record our activities and points earned each week similar to what we have done in the past?

My personal opinion is that we should do whatever feels right ... I usually do small variations of the same thing week after week, so posting activities seems redundant. So here's my Plan Of Action (and point modification) for the time being:

Every other day: YMCA

---> I do 2-3 sets at the heaviest weight I can lift with proper form. I count the time as 'vigorous'.

---> The first time I tried the eliptical trainer, I was dying after 10 seconds but kept going for 1 minute. My heart rate travels to the highest zone I want to push it to, not higher, but my goodness my legs protest. Sunday I pushed myself and was able to make it to 2 minutes. I'm going to count it as 'cardio machine - vigorous' and since the lowest amount of time you can log is 5 minutes, I'm claiming that. Right now it's the most intense thing I'm doing - even more so than weights; I feel it should count. But by the time I make my certificate, I want to be able to really do a full 5 minutes.

---> I bike 30+ minutes at fat burning pace (118 BPM for me, about 14 MPH). I love the LifeCycle because all I need to do is hold the hand grip and the bike will adjust intensity to keep me in that zone. No thinking required! I count this as moderate.

---> I typically just treadmill 2.5 MPH and at an inclide of 5% or less for 15 minutes (+5 min cool down) - I'm counting that as 'Light', which seems right.

{Like you guys, I think there is a big gap between energy used for walking 2.5 - 5.0 MPH! To me, 4 MPH is almost jogging.}

---> I go to the pool after my workout to *really* stretch and relax. I like to go to the deep end (which for the first time in my life means treading water and not floating!) and work the full range of motion for my joints. (I'm calling this Stretching - light.)

Every other day
---> WAP (1-3 miles) - counting as Aerobics, Moderate
---> bike 5+ minutes (I'll count only if it's moderately intense)

Everyday Stuff
---> Unusually intense Housework
---> Mowing the lawn (push mower)

Not Bothering To Count
---> Rebound 5+ minutes - very mellow "health bounce"
---> Light bike riding

I'm going to keep track of my points here each week so when I'm ready to work towards my bronze and gold medals (I'm thinking ahead), I'll know more about my pattern. I think I'll also post when I make my weekly star.

I only take measurements on the 15th of each month, so I'll keep that separate, but it's worth noting that my weight yesterday (and today) was 231.5 - up 1.5 from Sunday ... it's right before TOM, so hopefully that'll whoosh right on out of here. (Plus, I only got about 5 hours of sleep last night and it was all fragmented - sick kitty in the house )

I've got to run now, but I'll be back soon!

Happy Day

PS - I use FitDay, but only to check nutritional data.