View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 05:38

Plan: atkins
Stats: 205/180/170
BF:
Progress:
Smile

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I think my weight loss is slowing down. I finally bought myself a bathroom scale, and you know what they say: A watched pot belly never boils. I actually went up a half pound between morning and evening today. Makes me wonder how accurate a cheap scale from Ikea can be.

Menus. . . .I don't really plan that far ahead! Thank goodness I don't need to worry about feeding children or a significant other.

One thing I've been doing is knoshing on cheese and cold cuts throughout the day. Also pork rinds and brazil nuts. If I wake up feeling hungry, I make some eggs and bacon or eggs and sausage, or eat left over steak from the previous evening. Dinner is sometimes steak, sometimes fish, or sometimes eggs and bacon.

There is a Von's supermarket near where I live that seems to get really lovely meats, and they're often on sale. One memorable special they have every so often is London Broil for $1.69/lb. Fish I've been getting at Trader Joe's, which offers "flash frozen" fish for very good prices. I demand my fish be fresh, but when I discovered this stuff at TJ's I was amazed. I guess right after the fish is caught, they cut it up and then use some super fast freezing process. So it really is fresh. I was raised on sashimi, so I'd like to think I know what I'm talking about.

With dinner I usually have a salad. I've also been eating cooked spinach with melted butter.

If I'm feeling hungry enough for lunch, or if I'm feeling lazy about dinner, I make a salad with a can of tuna fish.

What else? I got a couple of big bags of Beef Jerky for Xmas, but those are long gone. They probably had more carbs than I thought, but, oh, well. Since then I've taken to reading labels for carb content, and Beef Jerky seems suprisingly high. Low carb bars. . . I bought two kinds at TJs, Atkins and Lo-Carb. Two or two and half grams of carbohydrates per bar. I'd heard that these things taste awful. . . like weird flavored chemicals. Well, they did, but I loved them anyway. I think that's the trick. Don't eat them until you've forgotten what chocolate really tastes like.