#13   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 02:12
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Here it is, the work in progres...

Judi, you tried the ginger cookies and found them dry. That's what this is like, with a bit more more moistness from the daikon.

It rises high, then sinks. The solution may be gluten flour/adding cream cheese/3-4 egg whites beaten stiff and folded in.

I tried more daikon, I tried heating the daikon with the pork rinds, I tried beating the eggs until they tripled in volume. Nada!

Now I'm on to creating pork rind cheese bread. Go figure!

So, give it your best shot!

Faux Carrot Cake
Makes 1 8-inch cake

5 oz. pork rinds, finely ground (2 cups ground)
1/2 cup granular Splenda
1/2 Cup brown Sugar Twin
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
4 Tbsp. cinnamon
1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup sour cream
3 eggs
1 cup finely grated daikon radish, squeezed of excess water and finely chopped.

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a 8-inch round springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. Butter the parchment paper.

Grind the pork rinds until fine in a food processor. Combine the pork rinds, Splenda, Sugar Twin, baking powder, soda and cinnamon with a whisk until blended. In a separate bowl, beat the vanilla, liquid sweetener, sour cream and eggs together. Stir into the pork rind mixture until well blended. Fold in the grated daikon.

Scrape into the prepared pan and smooth out the top. Bake for 35-40 minutes until the top springs back when lightly pressed. Cool completely on a rack.

Total: 1381
Fat: 84
Carbs: 32
Fiber: 2
Protein: 110

Icing

4 oz. unsalted butter, at room temperature
4 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
2 Tbsp. Splenda
2 Tbsp. white Sugar Twin
a few drops orange extract

Beat all the ingredients together until fluffy. Spread on the cooled cake. Keep the cake refrigerated.

Total: 1238
Fat: 133
Carbs: 8
Fiber: 0
Protein: 10