Old Mon, Aug-02-04, 10:39
Registered Member

Plan: My own
Stats: 194/000/150 Female 5'5"
BF:Not sure
Progress: 441%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle-1
When you're in the Atkins mild ketosis state, "Your body relies more on glucogon" did you mean rather than glucogen, or is there a difference?

Eagle-1:
Yes, it's glucogen of course, it was just a typo.
I came across this information. it gives some basics on biochemistry
http://www.medschool.lsuhsc.edu/bio...DIAB-040104.pdf
I didn't read this really thorough but it seems to be very scientific.

Quote:
Probably you could explain why I get pulled muscles so much, especially in my arms? Several doctors have not been able to. (I don't know if this is a factor but thyroid meds manufacturers have been changing potency, probably to sell more pills but I don't know if all doctors [quote]get notified, and a lot of people at about.com's thyroid forum besides myself had their usual dosage reduced instead of increased, some kind of mixup. Muscle pain is a low-thyroid symptom. Did Atkins make it worse? Even pulling leggy grass from under my shrubbery, which should come out easily, injures my arms again, spasms. )

hypothyrodism does causes muscles spasm and leads to injury, however, calcium and magnesium deficiency does make it worse. I'm not an athlete but do exercise regulary doing both cardio and conditioning exercise on a daily basis. i can share my experience only. being in ketosis even mild for me means constant muslces cramps and twiching, i couldn't sleep because of leg cramps and throbbing, even while taking calcium/magnesium supplements. working out was not easy task either, low energy and weak, aching muslces didn't motivate me at all. so, i've included 3 servings of organic full fat yougurt and this helped me tremendously without compromising my BGs. no more pulled and cramped muslces, throbbing and twiching, etc. i even started drinking raw organic milk (full fat) which has no impact on my BGs at all because of a high fat contents but made a big difference in a way i fill. since i've included dairy, i feel much better, and exercise again is enjoyment, not a chore. BTW, calcium is a must for a good BGs control.
So, make sure you got enough magnesium and calcium in your diet. if you don't eat dairy, green leafy vegetables, salmon and sardines with bones, cheese and calcium/magnesium citrate (if it works for you) may be helpful. There is also some information on the subject.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/...Common%20Causes
Regards,
Dina