#7   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-02, 13:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%
Default nothing fancy, so far....

... Fern, haven't had enough kitchen time just to play, but I've used the blueberry with plain cold club soda (an "italian soda") as a refreshing drink, this last heat-wave summer (ditto on the watermelon!) and I occasionally have done as Do does, a bit of syrup on some lovely ricotta, all you need is a spoon!

I've also boosted or modified the flavour of SF Jello (homemade or commercial) with the fruity flavours.

I've been toying with the notion of nuking some fresh blueberries just to the point of bursting, in just enough of the blueberry syrup to moisten, and using that as a special dessert topping. Easy-peasy.

I'd like to try making a glaze with the Watermelon or the Raspberry (VERY nice, the raspberrry ) with an LC thickener (like not/Starch for example).

Any of the fruity flavours should make a lovely glaze or fancy dessert topping with very little fiddling.

Then there's the home-made pudding thing: I'd like to mess around with the Caramel, English Toffee and Dulce De Leche flavours in pudding experiments, but haven't got to it yet.

And I wanted to do something vaguely reminiscent of chutney to go with ham or roast pork, but haven't got to that yet, either...

Dang, there aren't enough hours in the day.