View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-02, 11:54

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Lorena, begin with the book, you can get it from the library, they carry it up here in Costco for 20$, Ruth posted the website (www.bodyforlife.com) you can check it out from there - the exercise part of program consists of alternating HIIT (high intensity interval training) with weight training 6 days a week. It is very demanding - but it works. As for your 'problem areas' you cannot 'spot reduce' regardless of what anyone tells you - you'll lose weight all over - no one exercise will burn it off in a specific place.

Marlaine, you sound psyched I remember that feeling oh so well. Have you written down goals? Made promises to yourself? It sounds kinda hokey, but it makes you stick to it. Can't wait to follow your progress!

Bobbie, if you're hungry for some BFL information I have just the page for you. http://www.hussman.com/eas He does a thorough job of explaining why HIIT works the way it does (in just 20 minutes), how muscle grows and what you need to do to encourage it.

Ruth, it's important to remember that you must tailor the workout to your level - it's not about how much you can do or what you can lift; it's about what will result in you reaching a "10". John started doing this program 4 weeks ago - his legs were weak (specially his left which has a scar running the length of it and has been operated on 7 times) He had to modify things, no squats, no lunges, no leg extension - too stressful on his already mangled knee. He can do other things though, and he hits his 10s. You can see a difference in him already - and I don't mean just a physical one. Planning is the key. So are a few 'test' workouts before you begin. It helps to know what kind of routine you're going to be doing, what exercise comes next, how long it will take you to switch weights if necessary, etc etc.

Don't forget to take measurements! And one more thing DO NOT WEIGH YOURSELVES after a FREE DAY!!!!!!!!

Nat